There are two types of playthrough program available.
Outward Playthrough Program
An outward playthrough program is where I personally reach out to various let's players and offer them a free download link in exchange for making a video. While this is happening fairly often right now, it won't happen so much in the future.
There are no prior requirements for this. If I reach out to you then you're getting a free game. (Terms apply - see below)
Inward Playthrough Program
An inward playthrough program is quite literally to the opposite of the above - it's where let's players reach out to me to give them a free copy of a game in return for a let's play video.
In order to be a part of this there are a number of requirements that need to be met.
- Must have a YouTube account. If you contact through a site that's not YouTube then that's fine, that's actually how I expect most the program applications will come through, however in these situations I may send a private message to you on your YouTube account to verify this. This is to prevent impersonations - it's hard for me to make a new Twitter account and pretend to be PewDiePie or Markiplier just like it's not hard for another random Joe Bloggs to do the same to get a free game.
- If you are messaging from a verified Twitter account (that is an account which has a blue tick next to their name as proof of identity) then I will more-than-likely not message you via YouTube - that blue tick is, in the vast majority of cases at least, all the proof I need.
- Must have at least 1000 subscribers and at least 15 let's play videos beforehand. This is more proof that you are actually a genuine let's player and not just some random cheap twat who's trying to get a free game.
I reserve the right to bend these rules on a case-by-case basis if I see fit.
These are the terms and conditions for the playthrough program. These rules apply to both outward and inward variants of the program.
- YOU MUST MAKE A VIDEO OF IT. I cannot stress this enough, there are people out there who are willing to exploit this system to get free games. The point of this is to provide a way of getting free games which mutually benefits both me and you. If I give you a free game, but you don't make a video of it, then there's nothing in it for me.
- It doesn't matter how many videos you make, it can just be a one-off or you can make an entire series on it. If it is a review, it doesn't matter whether the review is positive or negative - I promote constructive criticism!
- Not abiding by this rule will result in you being banned from the program until a video is made. Your free download link may also be revoked.
- The number of games you may claim for free is limited based on how many times you've done this. When applying for the playthrough program for the first or second time you are limited to ONE game only. On the third or fourth application you are limited to THREE and on the fifth you are limited to FIVE. (Each consecutive application is also limited to five games.)
- Applying for more than what you're limited to will result in your application being denied.
- Right now this rule is kind of nulled as I only have one released game but hey, gotta plan ahead right?
- Only request Chaos Symbol games. This one should be a no-brainer but for the benefit of those who think this a program for ANY game, you're wrong.
- Bonus games are exempt from this - in other words, they aren't available to be requested via this program.
- An exception to this is if they are currently available as part of an offer (e.g. pre-order Iron to get bonus game Thallium for example.)