10 January 2016

A Statement About Iron

So Iron sadly failed to be released last year, that sucks. In the Year in Review post I put up on New Year's Eve I mentioned under 25th December that Iron failed to be released on that date while I put after it in brackets that I would be putting a statement out regarding that. Here is that statement.

I'm going to be completely honest about everything, while big companies who did this will say anything to appease their fanbase. I value honesty and transparency, not a load of bullshit set out just to set everything straight - to me that's just a long, spaghettified (for lack of a better word) way of saying "lol shut the fuck up it's coming now get off my arse." I don't want to do that.

The reason why Iron wasn't released is because I wasn't able to get it to a point where I could say "there you go first level done here's a taste of what's coming" like I said I would. I know that seems like a straight-forward and obvious reason and there are some people who would gladly say "well yeah no shit Sherlock" to that. Well, there's more to it than that.

One of the cornerstones I set out when I began Iron's development was that I would not procrastinate, and I sadly failed to keep up to that cornerstone and for that I apologise and I feel I've let people down with that. I won't bother making excuses, development on Iron began during summer last year and I had a shitload of time to do it, so while college work has impacted on this, I can't and won't use that as an excuse.

One major reason however why I haven't been working on Iron as much as I should've done is that I just don't feel enthusiastic about it. In other words, I really don't feel happy or excited about developing it anymore... just bored I guess. I look ahead to future projects, including Project Plasma 2 and CHAOS 6 and I see those two games as much more exciting prospects to look forward to. Iron's development just seems incredibly dull by comparison. However I like doing things in an orderly fashion when it comes to game development and on the road map I've listed CHAOS 3 as Iron (yes CHAOS 4 was Thallium, but that game's development began after Iron's.) I don't want to start CHAOS 5 for that reason and the only reason why I looked at starting CHAOS 6 was because GameMaker: Studio was down.

The bottom line is, Iron is coming, however I'm not saying that to say "calm your tits," if you're pissed or disappointed that I wasn't able to get it out on time, I won't stop you, and you have every right to feel that way. My aim is to have it out by the end of February, after that I will probably start PP2 regardless but we'll have to see how I feel at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment